New Here?
Toggle Content
   

Toggle Content User Info
Welcome

Anonymous

Nickname
Password
Register

Membership:
Latest: nomoreclips
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 17184

Online Now [441]:
Visitors: 440
Bots: 1
Members: 0
Staff Online Now:

No staff members are online!
Page Views:
Today: 120966
Total: 144941145

Toggle Content Main Menu
 General Info Goodies Search Web Stats Members
 Donations

 

Forums ›

:: Forums ›
HDI Engine Cover - bin it?
-> 206 Talk

#1: HDI Engine Cover - bin it? Author: rlees85, Location: Daventry PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:54 am
    ----
Just want to check it is safe to do so. I got a 206 hdi 2.0, the engine cover has two broken mounts and is a pain to have to remove every time I want to do something mechanical/servicing to the engine.

Its a 10 year old car so engine bay looks are not important. Neither as a tiny increase of noise in the cabin.

Does it have any other purpose? If not I'll bin it Smile
Cheers!

#2: Re: HDI Engine Cover - bin it? Author: MrBSI, Location: What's it to you? ? ? PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:56 am
    ----
Just get a set of the upgraded securing clips from any Peugeot / Citroen main dealer.

#3: Re: HDI Engine Cover - bin it? Author: rlees85, Location: Daventry PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 am
    ----
It would need clips and mounts, plus I'd rather do without it unless it serves a purpose?

#4: Re: HDI Engine Cover - bin it? Author: MrBSI, Location: What's it to you? ? ? PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:00 pm
    ----
rlees85 wrote:
It would need clips and mounts, plus I'd rather do without it unless it serves a purpose?

Bin it then & put up with the extra noise.

#5: Re: HDI Engine Cover - bin it? Author: rlees85, Location: Daventry PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:07 pm
    ----
No problem Smile sorry if you think I am being funny. But I tinker and tweak alot with the engine & the ECU software (irrelevant in this case). The car is 10 years old and not really worth much money and basically I plan on keeping it well maintained (mechanically) and running it for a very long time, whilst also making the occasional tweak.

Engine cover removal also allows you to see failures (PCV on rocket cover leaking oil, diesel injectors leaking and flooding, etc) that can be spotted whilst doing other routine maintenance that would go un-noticed with cover in-place.

Also I can not even tell the difference in noise level with or without.

Anyway I appreciate you replying to me and helping. Please don't think I am being funny, lazy or some sort of bodger. Trust me mechanically I do not bodge... I am even on first name terms with my Pug dealer Sad haha

#6: Re: HDI Engine Cover - bin it? Author: MrBSI, Location: What's it to you? ? ? PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:09 pm
    ----
rlees85 wrote:
The car is 10 years old and not really worth much money

No 206 is worth much these days apart from scrap value Laughing

#7: Re: HDI Engine Cover - bin it? Author: steviebee, Location: kent PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:48 pm
    ----
Wife's had her 2.0 HDi for over 2 years now. when she first got it all four cover mounts/clips were broken. Checked on price for new ones, nearly choked. I got 4 small Citroen rubber exhaust mounts from local motor factors, same thread as clips. I then araldited nuts (same size thread) in the caps (needs opening out with a drill). Been on there all this time and not come lose at all. takes less than an hour to do all 4, and have lasted. I think it was about £7 for the 4 rubber mounts.



-> 206 Talk


Page 1 of 1
 
We are not responsible for comments posted by our users, as they are the property of the poster
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy