New Here?
Toggle Content
   

Toggle Content User Info
Welcome

Anonymous

Nickname
Password
Register

Membership:
Latest: gti205er
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 16572

Online Now [11]:
Visitors: 11
Bots: 0
Members: 0
Staff Online Now:

No staff members are online!
Page Views:
Today: 6142
Total: 66943746

Toggle Content Main Menu
 General Info Goodies Search Web Stats Members
 Donations

 

Forums › The Car › 206 Problems › Pattern key fob


 
 

Pattern key fob
Forum Index206 Problems
Reply to topic Printer Friendly Page watchs.gif View Previous Topic View Next Topic
Author
Message
iancav6
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:02 pm Up
Getting to like it here


Offline

Joined: Jun 29, 2012
Posts: 45
Trade Rating: 0
Location: rugby


My genuine key fob unlock button has finally given up so I bought a pattern shell from ebay.
On swapping out the internals and key blade found the lock/unlock works but the car won't start.Thought the buttons were being pressed down,so tried again without the button cover and still won't start,flashes up immobiliser fault.
Put my old battered fob back together and all locks/ unlocks and starts up fine..

Have had this before with OHs keys.

xx
View user's profile
mtempsch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:00 pm Up
Dedicated Member


Offline

Joined: Apr 14, 2010
Posts: 712
Trade Rating: +2
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden


iancav6 wrote:
My genuine key fob unlock button has finally given up so I bought a pattern shell from ebay.
On swapping out the internals and key blade found the lock/unlock works but the car won't start.Thought the buttons were being pressed down,so tried again without the button cover and still won't start,flashes up immobiliser fault.
Put my old battered fob back together and all locks/ unlocks and starts up fine..

Have had this before with OHs keys.

Odds are high that you have a separate RFID chip stuck in one of the lower corners (beside the blade attachment) It's black against the black plastic and pushed into a slot.

Look at, for instance, this thread: www.206info.co.uk/Foru...+chip.html

Silvermetallic 2004 206 RC
View user's profile
iancav6
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:13 pm Up
Getting to like it here


Offline

Joined: Jun 29, 2012
Posts: 45
Trade Rating: 0
Location: rugby


mtempsch wrote:
iancav6 wrote:
My genuine key fob unlock button has finally given up so I bought a pattern shell from ebay.
On swapping out the internals and key blade found the lock/unlock works but the car won't start.Thought the buttons were being pressed down,so tried again without the button cover and still won't start,flashes up immobiliser fault.
Put my old battered fob back together and all locks/ unlocks and starts up fine..

Have had this before with OHs keys.

Odds are high that you have a separate RFID chip stuck in one of the lower corners (beside the blade attachment) It's black against the black plastic and pushed into a slot.

Look at, for instance, this thread: www.206info.co.uk/Foru...+chip.html

Didn't know there was a chip in the key,so that will definitely be the problem.
Many thanks.

xx
View user's profile
MrBSI
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 am Up
Custom - Black Stars


Offline

Joined: Nov 27, 2010
Posts: 11358
Trade Rating: +9
Location: What's it to you? ? ?


Luckily you didn't throw the old fob out in the rubbish like plenty of others on here have done in the past.

Some forum users have lost the immobiliser chip to the bin men.

2016 Peugeot 308 Puretech 1.2 petrol 130bhp Allure hatch with panoramic roof.
View user's profile
Timon2210
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:16 pm Up
Staff - Moderator


Offline

Joined: Feb 10, 2010
Posts: 4257
Trade Rating: +4
Location: Palestine


That is why I wrote this thread a while back to warn everyone who want to do this job...

Key Fob Replacment

My 206 Project-Pride & Joy
 
View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
gazza82
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm Up
206 Crazy


Offline

Joined: Jun 19, 2010
Posts: 1402
Trade Rating: +3
Location: South Bucks


That would mean them using "search" .. and from running another forum that isn't what they do! Smile
Down to just the 1.4 HDi. Cayman Green 2.0i CC sold.
View user's profile Visit poster's website
Timon2210
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 pm Up
Staff - Moderator


Offline

Joined: Feb 10, 2010
Posts: 4257
Trade Rating: +4
Location: Palestine


gazza82 wrote:
That would mean them using "search" .. and from running another forum that isn't what they do! Smile

Thumb Up

My 206 Project-Pride & Joy
 
View user's profile Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic Printer Friendly Page watchs.gif View Previous Topic View Next Topic All times are GMT
Forum Index206 Problems

Page 1 of 1
  You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

 
We are not responsible for comments posted by our users, as they are the property of the poster
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy