Joined: Feb 08, 2010 Posts: 2363
Trade Rating: +15
Location: Gloucestershire, UK
Since PugFest, all I've heard from Mrs VorTechS is how much she really wants a 206CC. In just a few days time, it's her birthday, so what to get her....?
Well, with a little cunning, guile and a not very convincing cover story this seemed to fit the bill very nicely:
- 53k on the clock,
- 2.0L (a generally tidy looking engine)
- Premium JBL factory fitted stereo options
- What's not to like about that number plate???
It's a 13 year old car, so of course it's got its bad points:
- It's red, yes, the paint is struggling in places
- There's what appears to be an air hose(?) broken and disconnected from the engine. (PP2000 is aware of it, but doesn't seem to care about it)
- The power steering pump may have dumped its contents at some point, it's the only thing in the engine bay covered in crap.
- There's a little knocking from NS Front.
- At around 70MPH there's a funky high pitch buzzing / rattling sound O/S front
- Clutch is showing early signs of wear and tear
- No air con for over a year, so a re-gas is unlikely to be successful
- Looks like it may have been involved in a minor front end bump, one wing has clearly been changed/painted and bumper is hanging off slightly
It was also interesting how there's Phase 1 lights on the rear instead of phase 2's, so I'm guessing someone 'borrowed' the Phase 2's at some point!
There was nothing showing on Pug Planet other than the air pipe issue (although only the Engine and BSI was read), so pretty happy with the general state of the car.
There is work to do though, as the interior needs a bit of TLC and it could no doubt do with a general servicing as the previous owner wasn't a car person.
Of course Mrs VorTechS (who has instructions to join us, now that she is a bonefide 206 owner) has already started on her own wish list, and she's already bagged the rear lights and alloys from the Silver Bullet (RIP) - so guess what I'll probably be doing later / tomorrow!
Big shout to Sim for all the help with plotting, scheming, driving and everything else! ( I hope the broken clutch issue that was so desparate for me to help fix is sorted out.... )
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
We are not responsible for comments posted by our users, as they are the property of the poster
Interactive software released under GNU GPL,